Greetings from White House, Tennessee! Thanks for stopping by!
If you like the content or any of my posts, please follow, like, comment & share. I am also asking you to provide me with any feedback you may have good or bad. This really just started out as a hobby – something to kill a little time while doing things that I love during the cold bleak weather months in Tennessee. Food has always been a passion of mine, and I absolutely love cooking, baking and photographing food, so what better way to express myself than by keeping kind of an ongoing journal of my adventure
Please keep in mind that this whole project is still a work in progress. I have self taught myself how to set this up, and I am still learning new things about my DSL camera that I purchased three years ago. Most people that know me well would classify me as technologicaly challenged but I am pretty darn good with grammar and spelling. My total investment so far has been less than a hundred dollars including a couple of books that I bought. I plan to keep furthering my education about photography, blogging and marketing through reading and perhaps taking a few classes.
When I told my daughter Leslie that I was starting a food blog, she said “but Dad, you don’t even use recipes!” and she is correct. When posting recipes I will have to start measuring and weighing ingredients, which I am not used to doing, but I will learn.
What can you expect from me and what will you see in this blog?
- I will plan to post no less than one blog post per week
- The reason that my tagline is “Food and other stuff” is because I am not going to limit topics to food only, although food will have the most emphasis. I have many other things that I am passionate about including family, gardening , music, photography, etc. so I wanted to keep the posting topics open. You may see a restaurant or business review. You may see me rant about some off the wall topic, things that are trending or just random things that may be on my mind. You, the reader ,will determine most of the topics due to feedback, likes and comments that I receive about certain topics.
- I am a Christian but religion and politics WILL NOT be discussed in my blog posts.
- I may or may not be able to make money from this blog. That would likely happen only if I have a certain amount of followers. (Thanks for following!)
- I vow not to plagiarize any content or recipes from any other sites. If I am inspired by a recipe and choose to share it or modify it and use it, I will give credit to that site or person.
- If I am offered any free products or equipment due to my blog, I will NOT promise to endorse anything just because it was given to me. (I will, however accept free products!) 🙂
- I will do my best to reply to all questions and comments.
- I have been in the foodservice field for 50 years and have quite a bit knowledge about food, food businesses and food sales. Feel free to each out to me if I can answer any questions you may have pertaining to these fields. If I cannot answer your question, I know many other experts in these fields including restaurant owners and managers and people in the food distribution business that I could reach out to. My brother Steve has been a very well respected Executive Chef of a country club in Bonita Springs, Fl. for 18 plus years and I love to pick his brain!
- In the future, I may have polls, Q & A sessions, etc. and I plan to do a piece about a local farm soon.
What would I like from you, the reader?
- If you like my site, please like, share, follow, comment and tell your friends!
- I would like honest feedback, but please keep comments clean. Be considerate and respectful and please refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior. If you wouldn’t say it to your own Mother, please don’t say it to me!
- Ask questions – There’s no such thing as a stupid question!
- Feel free to hit me up with topics for discussion or story ideas.
- All photos in my gallery were taken by me and are copyrighted by publishing. Please do not use or copy without my permission.
For a little more information about me, click on my profile picture at the bottom of the blog posts.
You can also follow me on Facebook at Kerrysfoodthymes.